Charles Robinson wrote:
I had a few minutes downtown on Saturday night to watch a little bit of a
fireworks display
I always take a camera to fireworks and I always hate the results.

This time I figured out how to retain the color in the bursts (low ISO, small
aperture) so I got a few more interesting shots than I usually have in the past.
Yes, perhaps part of the secret is to stop down and reduce the sensitivity so much that the fireworks fully control the exposure of the sky, so as to speak.
  Not earth-shatteringly wonderful, but there are some pleasing colors in a few
of them.

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/aquatennial_fireworks/index.html
I like them. As fireworks shots go, I think the two last are the best. No 6 is in a way more interesting, but the fireworks could have been centered a bit better, and maybe a bit too much of the "trails" are included... I also rather like the way the colours of the bridge are reflected in the water in some of the other images, though.

- Toralf
(Camera was attached to an "Ultrapod-II" and strapped to a railing.  Darn handy
tool, that Ultrapod.)

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com