> > The July PUG is here: http://pug.komkon.org/ or here:
> > http://pug.komkon.org/10jul/index.html  The June PUG is here:
> > http://pug.komkon.org/10jun/index.html  Submit photos for August here:
> >  http://pdmlpug.org/?page_id=54
> >

> Only four??!!  There must be more interesting mailboxes than that.
>
> Anyway they're all great (with one obvious exception) but Frank's "Reverse
> Psychology?" is particularly bizarre.

Here's another one, sort of, but not a Pentax photo:
<http://www.web-options.com/Florac/content/_6226693_large.html>

This is in fact a post box in which the sender hands the letter over to the
postal service, not a mailbox which the postal service uses to deliver to
the receiver.

Mailboxes, especially quirky ones as seen in the PUG, are not the norm in
many parts of the world. Barrel-vaulted tin boxes on the end of a stick are
peculiarly American and as characteristic as red telephone boxes and
double-decker buses in Britain. In the UK we have letter boxes - a slit in
the front door - rather than a separate mailbox. Most of them are rather
plain although some Victorian ones can be quite ornate. But to stroll up to
someone's front door and take pictures of their letter box invites
difficulties with the householder or the police.