Hi all,

Just wanted to post an image and get some quick advice on it. It's one of my favorites of all that I've taken, but there's something about it that almost ruins the shot for me: the bokeh.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4894043325/#/photos/walt_gilbert/4894043325/lightbox/

ISO 320, 1/1000 sec., f/5.6, Pentax DAL 50-200mm (kit lens), in shutter priority mode.

Is there any software that I can use to improve the bokeh on this image? Or any Photoshop techniques or plug-ins anyone can recommend? Or maybe even free/cheap stand-alone apps that might make it look a little better?

Also, any shooting techniques to avoid the ugly bokeh in the future would be appreciated. I've got other lenses that produce much nicer bokeh than that, but I'd like to be able to use this one without a sense of dread in the future.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Best,

Walt