From: frank theriault
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Rick Womer wrote:
Inside the Center Harbor church, the walls are covered in a
raised fleur-de-lis pattern. ?I thought it would be tin, but it
felt much rougher and denser. ?"Cast iron", the woman showing me
around said. "It's great at Christmas--we just put the
decorations up with magnets."

I wonder if it also keeps cell phones from ringing during
services...

Amazing!  Never heard of cast iron walls.

Interesting photo, too.  I like the muted lighting.

During the first half of the 19th century they used wrought iron and cast iron the way we use plastic today.

The tiles might be wrought iron stampings rather than cast iron. They might even be early steel stampings.