Apparently the K10D back-focus issue is a "known problem". Searching through forums on the web I found that Pentax Canada can apparently fix it running some kind of service mode firmware they have available. Why Pentax USA or Pentax Europe couldn't or wouldn't fix it was left unexplained.

On the K20D the adjustment is in a custom function, #34 I think.

Otherwise, there was a hack for Pentax's K10D firmware that would allow you to enter some kind of correction value and then re-load the real firmware updates on top of it keeping the correction.

I found a couple of articles on the internet on setting the K20D custom function AND some focus charts to use with the procedure.

Part 1:
http://www.zimbio.com/Digital+Photography/articles/489/PART+1+Autofocus+Adjustment+Pentax+K20D+Custom

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dtpboe

Part 2:
http://www.zimbio.com/Digital+Cameras/articles/1701411/PART+2+Autofocus+Adjustment+Pentax+K20D+Custom

http://preview.tinyurl.com/22ul2aj

New Charts:
http://www.k10dbook.com/newchart.pdf

Older Chart:
http://www.k10dbook.com/AFCHART.pdf

I haven't tried these because I haven't noticed back focus on my K20 or K10, so evaluate them for yourself before risking anything.