On Sep 5, 2010, at 6:57 PM, Bob W wrote:

>> we are fine - Palmerston North is a long way from Christchurch.
>> Masha felt the quake mildly - I slept through
>>

> excellent, good to hear

Good indeed.  If you [Alistair] have any friends or relatives down here I hope
they're OK.

I heard from my boss, he went into the city to check out the office building.
Had to talk his way past the cops, then once he got to the building he went
through the "keep out" tape (naughty!) and started collecting computers and
important documents.  Nearly got himself arrested (IMO he should have been).
He says the office is pretty well screwed, lots of water damage from the
sprinkler system.  He's dropping my work PC off at my house tomorrow so I can
get some work done while he sorts out some temporary premises.  I hope it
doesn't take long as I'll go crazy working alone.

I won't be able to go into the CBD tomorrow as I was planning to anyway, as it
will still be cordoned off.  I think the engineers are still busy evaluating
all the buildings.  So I don't know when I'll get to see my commuter bike
again, it's still at work where I left it on Friday :(

Cheers,
Dave