2010/9/5 David J Brooks <pentko...@gmail.com>:

> Yes i do.

Great =) Way to go, eh!

> Can't. I turn it on and get the Intel splash screen then a Dos promt
> saying boot failure.

Does this happen more often when the PC hasn't been on for a few days?
I highly doubt this would be the cause but would you know how old the
BIOS/CMOS buffer battery is?

> I upgraded the HD in 2006, i think, and it was about a year later i
> started getting these boot failure prompts. Usually a few retries and
> i was in.

Sounds like something closer to the mainboard again. Has there ever
been a BIOS update? This is what I would go for next.

> I had it looked at last Oct, and the computer guy
> one mane show [sic]

Lion King Enterprises by any chance? Sorry I just had to =)

> found nothing wrong, out of the ordinary, and suggested several
> things. However due to the age of the PC we both agreed it was a waste
> of money and if it happened again and new PC would be cheaper in the
> long run, It has been working fine until Saturday and now i can only
> get intro windows with the F8 key.

Have you tried F8 and then "halt on error" or whatever the setting is
called in English? This should give us a more detailed message? Please
can you do so?

Cheers
Ecke