Just because your car didn't come with one you don't have to feel left out. You can probably find a way to mount one on your bike...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/hood-ornaments/p2006504.jcwx?filterid=c2525j1

Nice shot by the way.

On 9/6/2010 7:58 AM, frank theriault wrote:
I love hood decorations on cars.  As you may know, they evolved from
radiator caps.  Initially they were handles on rad caps, used so you
wouldn't burn your hands as you removed the cap to add coolant when
your engine overheated (as it often did in the old days).  Gradually
those handles became decorative and featured manufacturer logos or
symbols.

With the advent of bodies that covered engines, these works of art
were moved to the front of the hood (bonnet to you Brits).  Gradually,
most disappeared, but a few remain.  The Mercedes Benz Tri-Star comes
to mind, as does the beautiful Rolls Royce Spirit of Ecstasy (often
misnamed "The Flying Lady").  My favourite by far is the Jaguar cat,
Leaper:

http://knarfinthecity.blogspot.com/2010/09/among-clouds.html

I saw this one last evening on (I think it was) a Jag S-type parked on
Yonge Street here in Toronto.

Hope you enjoy.  Comments welcome.

*istD, lowly 18-55mm zoom.

cheers,
frank

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."