If Pentax does release an EVIL camera and it accepts K mount lenses they might
have a chance.  There's lots out there. I'm hoping that's what the new 35 is
really aimed at.
-----Original Message-----
From: Miserere <miser...@gmail.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:08:03
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Samsung release NX100 compact MILC (and Mark's prediction)

What some might call a wannabe Oly E-P2 or Panny GF1:

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/samsungnx100/

But I do want to point out a feature unique to Samsung within the
segment that reminded me of a comment Mark made in another thread
about how he was waiting for someone to introduce lenses without focus
rings. Samsung's two new lenses have a button on them called iFn (for
i Function) that allows the lenses' focus rings to control other
parameters such as shutter speed, ISO, etc, If you use AF, this would
effectively give you a two-control-wheel camera. For those of you who
are really old school, you could set the lens ring to control aperture
and the camera wheel shutter speed, then shoot in M mode like you did
in MX times. Well, except there'd be no clicks on the aperture ring.

I'm sure they stole this idea from the Canon S90, but good for them!

I wonder if they'll release a new version of the 30mm f/2 pancake lens
with the button and whether there'll be a firmware upgrade for the
NX10 to accomodate this new function. Maybe they've learnt from their
Pentax partnership that firmware upgrades only make people happy and
shouldn't be encouraged.

  --M.
--

    \/\/o/\/\ --> http://WorldOfMiserere.com