Joseph McAllister wrote:

Besides having a second image of that particular body style, in print, the two are the only pics I've seen of the camera with the lens mount mounted to the body with 4 screws in the lens to body plate.

 In my records there are more early Spotmatics with those four screws.
 The big difference here is the arm with the spot-metering cell.

But I did write the seller about the discrepancy between his text saying the body was number 1010000 area (?) and the serial number on the body cap of 1010215.
 1020215 is in the "1010000 area" (meaning "around 1010000"), isn't it?

I know the caps get swapped out from time to time but to have the same "eye only P" engraved on it makes me pretty sure the cap is the teller of tales. Unless (Dario?) the cameras have the serial number engraved elsewhere, like under the baseplate or top cap.

 That 1010215 must be the S.No. No more serials needed.

The motor drive version has the serial number engraved on top of the cap as normal, and it's 1233102, which leads one to think that the MD Prototype was made from an off the assembly line camera some tome after sales began. Or, it's just a used one from anywhere that replaced a damaged original top cap.
 Agree.

The base plate on that babe is the only thing marked "MOTOR DRIVE".

 Like standard production SP MD's.

Dario