Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 10/5/2010 4:14 PM, m...@robertstech.com wrote:
>> Godfrey DiGiorgi<gdigio...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> My perspective is simple: I'm utterly and terminally bored with new
>>> equipment discussions. "Cool new things to buy" is not why I'm
>>> interested in Photography. With one or two small exceptions, I've got
>>> all the equipment I need to do Photography and am only interested in
>>> new things occasionally when there seems to be an advantage to improve
>>> on what I'm doing or add something new to what I'm doing.
>>
>> What he said.
>
>Interesting that you say that, Mark. Not recently, if I understand
>correctly, you bought into Sony Alpha system with A-850 and lenses.
>Doubtless you did some research on the matter before committing your
>money. I wonder if part of that research were equipment discussions...

Nope. My research consisted of almost everything but equipment
discussions (on this and in various other fora).

But I do, as Godfrey says,now  have pretty much the gear I need to do
the photography I want to do. I see few equipment purchases in my near
future. Maybe another lens for the Sony next year. Maybe not.