No offense taken.  The whole point of this exercise is to get
constructive criticism.  One thing I've realized recently is that
sometimes I like something very different from others when I am
looking at the PESOs.  This means that how my judgement plays out in
my own shots might not be agreeable to others.  It's a rather obvious
insight but one that we often forget.

As for this shot, the topography of the ground led me to center the
tree.  There was no good shot with the tree off center that I could
find.  Secondly, I had a "tree of life" motif in my head and that
leads naturally to a centered tree with the sky being secondary.  As
for the distracting bits, I would need to clone them out since
cropping would destroy too much of the framing I wanted.  I'll give it
a try.

--
Steve Desjardins