Good news: the K-7, 77/1.8, and 50-135 2.8 performed admirably, and I had no
issues with noise. I DON'T have to rush out and get a K-5 (...unless I want to).

Bad news: in the relative darkness, I tried to change modes from Aperture
Priority to Shutter Speed Priority, but accidentally hit the Green (auto) mode.
That meant my RAW mode went to 2mp JPEG mode. This seemed to immediately have
the effect of completely blown highlights on the singer getting the spotlight.

I used a leather bean bag to steady the camera on a rung of a 20-foot step
ladder. I'll try to post a few pics this weekend.

Based on the K-x and the K-7, along with the great Pentax primes, I cannot
imagine ever being tempted by Canon or Nikon; I'm more than satisfied with the
results I'm getting right now.

If I get any more camera equipment in the next year, it will probably be the
15mm pancake. Have any of you had any experience with this lens? I cannot use
the Pentax Gallery on any of my Macs, at least not the option where you choose
the lens and look at the pics taken with that lens. Going to "next photo"
simply toggles back and forth between two frames;

Jeffery