On 11/8/2010 9:44 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
One area where I see increased Dynamic range to be useful for me is
photographing bands where one band member will be in bright light,
and another will be in shadows. With two more stops of dynamic range,
I have a better chance of making both musicians recognizable.

I shot band performance exactly once in 6 years (with K10D) and another time it was a theatrical performance that I shot with *istD.

I see how DR will come in handy for you and as you can see, I don't shoot in conditions such as these.

However, you can be comforted that performance issues that might
prompt you to change brands are rapidly being dealt with.  This
doesn't resolve infrastructure issues, but we can hope that will be
addressed soon too.

I wasn't suggesting that I am going to change brands. I wasn't suggestion that I am not going to change brand either :-).

Especially since the longer you wait the less the K-5 will cost, or
in another two years something even better will be available.

Slightly more than 1 year passed between K-5 and K-7. Ned Bunnell said it took 12 months or so to develop K-5. I sincerely hope that Pentax is keeping their R&D effort at full pace.

Boris