I have finally landed at home, in western Kentucky.

As Ted said, couple of the sites weren't at what he would consider to be prime photo fodder, but I thoroughly enjoyed every place we went to. Even War Eagle Mill provided some interesting images that I'm anxious to dig into, despite the presence of four school buses full of juvenile miscreants and signs prohibiting entry into good vantage points. In all likelihood, I'll be back in War Eagle Mill one day, and I'll be carrying hip waders. I'd like to see them try to stop me then.

Of all the places we went, I guess I'd have to say the most interesting was Picher, OK. Had I not been unceremoniously and prematurely called away from the day by my sister (more accurately, her teenage daughter), I could have spent days out there finding stuff to shoot. Still, they were all great. I got in a lot of practice, and loved every minute of it!

Many thanks, Ted!  I couldn't have asked for a better host/guide.

-- Walt

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/waltergilbert
http://waltgilbert.posterous.com/ <http://polipix.posterous.com/>