There's only two issues with plastic bayonets.

1. They are far more likely to fail if any off-axis force is applied
to the lens. I've seen quite a number of these, usually with kit
zooms. This is not likely to be an issue with smaller primes like the
DA L 35 though as there's much less of a moment arm available to put
force on the bayonet lugs if the lens gets knocked.

2. They do wear quicker than a metal bayonet. VERY unlikely to be a
real-world issue unless you change lenses multiple times per day,
every day, for 10+ years. It's only under very heavy use that bayonet
wear becomes an issue.

-Adam

--
M. Adam Maas