El 26/11/2010 19:51, eckinator escribió:
has anyone ever tried blocking the SDM contacts? I doubt that would
work though =(
Ecke

It doesn't work. On the other hand, on the K10D you can roll back its firmware to a previous version, then SDM focusing is disengaged and the camera uses the built-in motor to drive the focusing. I have done it and it works. There are some caveats, though. Firstly, it only can be done with the K10D. I downloaded a 1.1 firmware with a patched header which makes the camera think it is 1.30 version, then it allows to install it on top of the 1.30 version in the camera (that was the firmware which enabled SDM focusing). Afterwards, I updated the firmware to version 1.20 because it adds some valuable changes. Be careful, if you have updated to version 1.31, you can't roll it back using the patched firmware. One of these days I'm going to install version 1.30 again to see if the solution the Pentax tech told you works with my 50-135.

Carlos