I haven't been too excited about this, it's the aps-c functional equivalent of the 28-200mm a lens that as a class fails to impress.

The preview, (I wouldn't call it a review) actually is nicely positive, but I question the reviewers judgment when he states, "...the lenses that most closely resembled it were the 17-70mm F4 and the 18-250mm F3.5-6.3, *both of which have different uses*." (Emphasis mine). Well no not really, at least in the case of the 18-250, they are pretty much designed for the same usage, a lens that covers everything you're likely to shoot.

Additionally he displays a lack of historical perspective since the 28-200mm wasn't a cheap lens when introduced, not only being more expensive, when inflation is taken into account, and a larger percentage of the kit's cost, when taking into account the difference in price of the cameras it was designed for.

He mentions a nit, the reversed positions of the focus and zoom rings vis-à-vis the normal Pentax practice, which I doubt will bother it's target audience as they will most likely never own another lens.