Charles Robinson wrote:

On Nov 29, 2010, at 14:46, Dario Bonazza wrote:

Is [11. WB Adjustable Range] in the [C Custom Setting 2] menu set to [Fixed]?

If not, that could explain that behaviour. Don't ask me why one should select a given white balance and then allow the camera to change it, but Pentax thinks of it as a good idea!

Isn't this all about being able to fine-tune all of the WB settings? Not the camera doing it, but the user making adjustments.

K-7 manual, page 192:

"The camera automatically performs fine-tuning even when the light source is specified. The color temperature of the light source is fixed when [11. WB Adjustable Range] in the [C Custom Setting 2]] menu (p.85) is set to [Fixed]."

AUTOMATICALLY, even when the light source is specified.

Perhaps there are instances where such operation makes sense, but... to me, it looks a lot like that mad idea of allowing you to select SEL for AF points selector and then reverting back to auto select, which was the behaviour of the AF selector before a firmware fix.

Dario