You're welcome, Ted.

I don't think that K-7 is really /suitable/ for low light photography as it is. It /can be used/, but with caution and with understanding that in many situations the camera won't be able to cope with the task given to it.

On the positive side, I used FA 31 on my most recent shots and it seems to AF reasonably well in the low light, though it would regularly light the green assistance light, which in case of more than 10 meters distant would simply dissipate and be almost useless...

K10D cannot be used in conditions such as these simply because it maxes out at ISO 1600, whereas ISO 1250 is probably the highest relatively usable one. I've no experience with K20D, but I am surely looking forward to buying K-5 one day.

Boris