On 12/1/2010 11:05 AM, Dario Bonazza wrote:
Uh? Why do you suppose Igor's camera to be broken when Igor himself
agreed on my suggestion to just change the set WB from "go where you
like" (Pentax default) to "fixed"? Let's wait and see if such a menu
setting is enough to solve the problem.

Dario

Sorry, Dario (and Igor). I didn't /suggest/ or /suppose/ that Igor's camera may be actually /broken/. I did suggest that Igor makes a controlled experiment. I don't think Igor would want to change the settings and go out shooting effectively /hoping/ that the settings change did solve his problem. I think it has to be tried before. And /if/ as a /result/ of such experiment Igor figures out that his camera is not functioning right, he'd be able to discuss this with Pentax service more easily as he would have an evidence and knowledge to support him. Or alternatively, as a result of the above experiment, Igor might be able to learn more about this specific aspect of his camera and /know/ where the limitations are so that his work with the camera will benefit from that.

Boris

P.S. Recently I tried to use focus test technique suggested by Paul Stenquist and I found it to be most useful for my two most recent shoots as I went out /knowing/ that despite the focusing precision issues with my Sigma 24-60/2.8, the camera was properly /dialed in/ and I had no focus issues with the lens whatsoever.