From: Kenton Brede

Christine, what is GFM?  And what are you hoping to go to?  Just curious.
Thanks,
Kent

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Christine  Aguila
<cagu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Just wondering: ? who's going? ?Is there hope for a big do? ?Cheers,
> Christine

GFM is Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina. More specifically it's the Grandfather Mountain Nature Photography Weekend.

http://www.grandfather.com/planning_your_visit/events/nphoto.php

There is usually a fair contingent from the PDML in attendance.

The number of photographers in attendance is limited by the number of seats in the auditorium at Grandfather Mountain - I think it's something like 160 people can attend. Registration opens at midnight April First, and it is usually fully subscribed by about 8:00am.

I went in 2009 & 2010. I registered online at about 10 minutes after midnight and was around number 100 on the list both times.

I hope to attend in 2011 as well. Hopefully I won't have to spend the weekend doing homework this time.