The University of Maryland Observatory was opened this morning for the lunar eclipse- so I nipped over there, just in time for totality. Reasonably dark, a good view of the moon, and very thin clouds made viewing a pleasure. Sorry, I didn't take my camera. Bad move- since there were Morris Dancers to photograph! One man described it as "A spontaneous outburst of medieval exuberance". "Surreal" was my reaction. The squeeze box player was heard to say "I don't do jigs"

Cheers
Mike