For those who care: I asked PPG about their current voting procedure. I, also,
mentioned the extended delay noted by many and the recent seeming ease of
inclusion into the gallery.

Answer was to some extent convoluted and, in my case, subject to
misinterpretation, but it was clear that they wanted to make it more difficult
for an image to be accepted. They explained that there were so many novas
voters who were "overly" impressed with even sub common images that too many
were being approved by voters. Apparently the Pentax Team is still in tact and
it could be that it was being inundated with rejectable images.(?)

In the past, if an image received 20 "no" votes out of 60 it was declined. I'm
now told that if an image receives 12 "no" votes out of 60 it is declined. I've
no information as to how long this revised procedure has been in effect.

I so don't get this, but I'm told that due to time constraints, voting may go
on beyond the 60 to as many as 200. Couldn't get a clear answer as to why. Why
should the largly dead horse voting be allowed to continue, thus detracting
from surviving image voting and delaying the process?

Won't be asking again.

Jack