----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman" <bori...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:54 AM
Subject: Re: we had snow the other day

On 1/19/2011 6:07 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
In 1988 or 89, can't remember which, we had a really cold winter. A
friend's cousin came for a winter visit. He was from Greece. He & I were
walking downtown on a particularly cold day.

At one point he turned to me and said, "I can't feel my feet. I can't
feel my feet." He was clearly distressed.
"They're still there," I said. "Keep walking."

Cheers, Christine

Well, Christine, I did have a frost bite of my right arm when I was like 16 years old, may be 15. It wasn't particularly pleasant experience though fortunately it was during my school hours and proper help was given to me.

As a kid--I was probably 12 or so--while skating for hours and hours in the park one day, both my big toe nails got frost bite really bad, and the nails came off. It was a bit gross to look at, but I carried on. I didn't tell my parents and just applied my own first aid: pieces of gauze & tape. The nails grew back. I don't think I ever told my parents--just kind of forgot about it really. Maybe I'll tell them this weekend at Sunday dinner. :-) Cheers, Christine