On 2011-01-26 8:23, Eric Weir wrote:

All that said, am I safe enough? Take into consideration that I'm not a pro. I
don't have very many images. Probably just a few thousand. Way less than
10,000. And I really don't have any that are valuable. A few that I like, and
would hate to lose, but nothing that would be a financial loss.

I'm a bit paranoid about such things, but then I've been developing software for them for a long time and have been screwed, or have screwed myself, in a vast variety of ways in those years. I've gotten to the point now that I use RAID arrays even at home, plus I have three copies on external drives. I feel like I need to up the ante one more time and keep those external drives rotating among far off site locations, like my out-of-town relatives' houses. Those digital files are your negatives, but they're much more fragile than negatives in some ways.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)