- Right or command click on a Collection that you want to be the
target collection.
- Choose the command to "Set Target Collection..." (not sure if I got
the verbiage exactly right)

Once you do this, the 'B' key will automagically drop any selected
image into that collection instead of the Quick Collection default.
The 'B' key is a toggle in this respect: one press puts an image into
the current target collection, the second press removes it.

The target collection is marked in the Collections panel with a '+'
sign after the collection name.

You can re-set the target collection to be the Quick Collection by
using the same mechanism: right or command click on the Quick
Collection, choose the command, etc.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com