Hi Everyone:

Many on PDML have probably read this book, but for those who haven't, I heartily recommend a read. I liked it so much that tonight I'm going to start reading it again because I'm unwilling to say good by to the larger-than-life photographers or end the adventure.

Before reading the book I knew little about Magnum. Of course, I had heard of Magnum, but not much else---I knew little of the in-house tensions, disagreements, both the positive and negative working dynamics, personalities, original mission, philosophical differences, financial struggles et al. The first part of the book does a wonderful job of rendering Robert Capa, whom I didn't know much about--wow! what a guy! What a fascinating human being. In the beginning he truly was the heart and soul of Magnum.

Anyway, I highly recommend a read. *Magnum: 50 Years at the Front Line of History* written by Russell Miller

Cheers, Christine from Chicago