On 2/11/2011 3:55 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

When I'm unsuccessful at wing shooting, I'll always settle for sitting.
I came "that" close to a decent wing shot and may post it later..with excuses.
:(

Comments?

Thanks!

Jack

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=568

Same place, same equipment.

Not bad at all. I like the angle of the head and the way he's got his wings pushed out a bit. The big plus is that it's the perfect "ID" shot with that prominent red tail. What were the shooting details (ISO, speed, aperture) and how much cropping? I see a bit of noise in the flight feathers.

--
Christian
http://404mohawknotfound.blogspot.com