From: Mark Roberts
Actually, it's not inflamed. That's why they now call it "tendinosis"
rather than "tendinitis" (and why they haven't recommended any
antiinflammatory meds for you). It turns out that tendons don't get
inflammation. The sad thing is that (as of 2002, anyway) 8 out of 10
*medical textbooks* still indicate that tendon overuse injuries
involve inflammation, even though it has been shown not to be the
case.

I'm currently working my way through patellar tendonosis and all the
literature dispensed by my physical therapist still tells me that it's
inflammation... :(

Here's an editorial from the British Medical Journal on the subject
for anyone interested in that sort of thing:
http://www.robertstech.com/stuff/tendonosis.pdf

I guess it makes a good case that it's not inflammation, but it didn't give me a clear understanding of what it IS, or how to make it better.

-----
No virus found in this message.