Actually as Ann stated I believe this go around it is a tie. Both are
excellent captures and I can't wait for things here to begin blooming.

Jeffery

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Boris Liberman
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 11:34 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Boris and Galia Peso #5 - Sakura

Hi!

Timing of K-5's arrival was impeccable. Today we drove to Jerusalem
Botanical Gardens only to catch the last days of Sakura blooming. It is
indeed the sight to behold - the immense wholesome beauty... I can only
imagine (well, I don't think I really can, but still) how it looks in Japan
en masse. Please have a look:

http://pentax-ways.blogspot.com/2011/02/peso-2011-05-sakura.html

As for K-5 - unlike with K-7, the match between us was practically
instantaneous. Most probably because of the time I spent shooting with K-7.
I am not entirely happy about its AF (in particular with Sigma
24-60/2.8 that I use the most these days), but the editing latitude that its
sensor is giving to me is outstanding. I also find that its meter exposes to
the right even to the point of slight overexposure which is easily taken
care of in post due to sensor latitude. And the colors - they are better in
my eyes than those of K-7. But these are very preliminary impressions. DNG
files however are huge - I am going to have to buy new storage sooner than I
planned. And indeed, I am going to have to be somewhat more selective about
what I keep and what I delete due to the same reason.

Oh, please be brutal and honest about the pictures. I think Galia outdid me
again, but I am starting to get used to it.

Boris

follow the directions.