Remove the screen, blow some air on it, or use a brush, and get the
surface dirt off.  It has been noted here that a very mild solution of
dishwashing soap can be used to remove grease, and then rinse the screen
in distilled water.  I've never tried this, but other sources suggest it
and similar techniques.  Here's a selection of comments that might be
useful:

http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1999/thrd57.html

--
Shel Belinkoff