It's a bit late, but I have experience with the Pentax F 70-210mm f4.0~6.5, it's very well built, like a light tank, really, and very sharp, and a bit heavier than one of the plastic bodied FA 70-200mm zooms, though and from everything I've seen quite a bit better optically. It's also quite a bit lighter and certianly more compact that the f2.8 lenses in that focal length range.

Additionally I have a Vivitar S1 70-210 f2.8~4.0, (the third version). Very well built, very sharp, though a bit more prone to flare than most, though not all SMC lenses. It even comes in KA mount, (not as common as the K mount however). Well worth looking for if a bit rare.

The F 70-210 shows up at KEH fairly regularly, depending on condition you can expect to pay between $90-$150. The Vivitar usually goes for about the same price, on Ebay, I don't remember every seeing one for sale on KEH. Be careful though you don't want to get one of the later Vivitars while the last two version of the MF lenses are supposed to be, well, all right, they're not stellar. All the autofocus versions are supposed to downright Hoover.