> The situation in Japan looks dire.
> My heart goes out to the Japanese people.
> And it looks like two nuclear reactors are in trouble.
> CNN here had somebody reporting cesium released.
> Not good at all - melting fuel rods...
> Regards,  Bob S.

There's an article about it on the BBC site:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12723092.

This is the paragraph that puzzles me:
"To keep things in perspective, no nuclear accident has caused anything
approaching the 1,000 short-term fatalities stemming from Friday's
earthquake and tsunami. "

What is a short-term fatality? Is it anything to do with the approach of
Easter?