Thanks, Don! Kentucky accents strike different ears in different ways, to say the least. And there's a few different ones. In my part of the state (extreme western) some people say it like "fliers".

I was going to go out today and take another shot at them, but the sun's behind the clouds and I really liked the way they looked when the sun directly hit them. I'm leaving town in the morning for a week, and unfortunately, I doubt they'll be in the best of shape when I get back, though I hope I'm wrong.

-- Walt

On 3/22/2011 11:26 AM, Don Guthrie wrote:

Just the way you say flowers makes them sound pretty. They are not the usual bright and sunny version, but I read your remarks on knocking down the back-round with exposure. A little more post processing and you would be there.
Thanks for the intimations of Spring! 2 weeks or more for us I fear.

From: Walter Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: PESO: Kentucky Easter Flahrs

  Hi all,

Here's a shot I took today of some Easter flowers ("flahrs" in
Kentuckese) growing along a fence row on the north side of the house.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5547910077/
K-x, K 50/1.4, ISO 200, f11, 1/1500

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5547910077/#/photos/walt_gilbert/5547910077/lightbox/