On Mar 22, 2011, at 10:25 PM, Walter Gilbert wrote:

> Eric, steampunk is a kind of throwback homage to early science fiction.  It's
> really hard to describe otherwise, but this wikipedia article gives a fairly
> decent description of what it's all about:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk
>
> It's devotees are insanely creative people, though, and from what I've seen,
> their craftsmanship can be astonishing -- just based on the creations I've
> seen on the web.  I'm itching to see some of their work live and in-person.
> I think it'll make for some great photo opportunities.

Thanks, Walt. The wikipedia piece clarifies it a lot. As I said, interesting.
My take on this brief acquaintance is that it's similar to creative
anachronism, with a Victorian focus, greater emphasis on the creative arts,
including a distinctive genre of fiction.

Looks like a great opportunity for some interesting, even fascinating, shooting.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net