>> A couple were shot with an IR-modified K10D and the others with the K-5.
>> http://foto.ri-ki.lv/categories.php?cat_id=5

> Some nice work here, Kris. You must have had some fun!
>
> I like the close framing, and the standout shot for me is #6. The girl's
> happy, mischievous expression makes this shot really engage.

People were begging her to pull the dress lower to reveal more skin. She was
teasing and I snapped one while the others were busy flirting.

> I have problems with the lighting in a couple where the lighting ratio
> seems to be reversed; the part of the subject's face in focus and facing
> us is quite dark.  And of the two IR processed shots, the first is
> interesting, but the second one kind of creeps me out. The effect is
> cool, but strikes me as inappropriate for the subject, so the shot
> doesn't work. You'd need the subject to look more goth or something. As
> it is she looks like a smiling corpse.

I was basically just stalking around grabbing shots, people were setting up
lights to look "right" generally from a very different position. Was just too
much hassle to push into the pack taking into account that I was not one of the
class. Point taken.

The IR ones are IR - I could color them in by hand or just make them warmer.
Thanks for pointing the second out, its way too easy to get carried away.

> BTW, your link isn't loading up for me now (4PM EST), so I'm rather
> going from memory (I saw these shots this morning).
>
> -bmw

Should be working now.
Thanks, your comments are much appreciated and help me look at those shots with
a clearer head.

kris