On 3/31/2011 8:01 AM, Steven Desjardins wrote:
Very nice.  They have a high contrast look which I happen to like.
What kind of light were you in?

Thanks, Steven!

The majority of the day was spent under clear blue skies, although for a good part of it, we were in a shady wooded area, where the sun filtered through beautifully and really caused the greens to pop. The rest of the week I was there was pretty cloudy and rainy, though. I should have some decent moody-looking shots in the overall bunch I took.

-- Walt

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Jack Davis<jdavi...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
Very well done set, Walter! Your obviously sincere expression of gratitude to
Larry speaks well of you both.
Enjoyed sharing your experience.

Jack

--- On Wed, 3/30/11, Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Subject: GESO: Last Day with Larry
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 9:47 PM
  Hi all,

Well, I've spent the entire day going through photos from
my trip to the Golden State, where the esteemed Larry Colen
was kind enough to put up with me for three days.  I
had an absolutely great time while I was there, and the
opportunity was a bit of a dream come true for me.  I
can easily see how people might get used to living there,
and can't imagine how anyone there could ever want for
inspiration.

Here's a selection of images from my final day out shooting
with Larry, with an obligatory cormorant shot (my
first!).  I have many more I'm sure you're dying to
see.  The descriptions are the same as the ones I put
in my Facebook captions, so you can read them if you want,
or just completely disregard them.  They're more or
less geared toward non-photographers, anyway.

Non-lightbox Flickr link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157626396755134/

Many thanks to Larry for all he did to make my stay in
California fun, interesting and fascinating.  I also
had the great pleasure of meeting and shooting with John
Francis, who is an utter gentleman and overall great guy to
be around.  Thank you both from the bottom of my heart
for making my stay in your beautiful state an unqualified
joy.

Comments, suggestions, and typewritten punches in the face
are, of course, welcomed.

-- Walt

-- PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link
directly above and follow the directions.