The tree is straight, so the slope works. What direction are you shooting? I'd like to see what it looks like around sunrise or sunset.

-p

On 4/7/2011 6:55 AM, Jack Davis wrote:
Thanks, Brian! No, "Penny" is a truncation of the name of the road, "Pennington." It's
fairly near a small town named "Live Oak."(?)

Jack

--- On Thu, 4/7/11, Brian Walters<supera1...@fastmail.fm>  wrote:

From: Brian Walters<supera1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: PESO: Penny Tree
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2011, 4:49 AM
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:18 -0700,
"Jack Davis"<jdavi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
Aired myself out for a short while this beautiful
sunny PM. Took
Pennington Road for a few miles and was pulled over by
the symmetry of
that linked below.
It's on a slight slope. May have preferred a flatter
surface.(?)

The slope works for me.  Nice balance and light in
that composition.

Penny Tree?  Is that a local name for this particular
species?

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

K-5, DA* 50~135@50mm, 1/2500, ISO 1600

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=585

http://www.fastmail.fm - A no graphics, no pop-ups
email service

directly above and follow the directions.

--
Being old doesn't seem so old now that I'm old.