Zab returned from her three month sojourn in Sleepy Hollow. While she was there
she bought a nook color for her aging mom to use, as it is getting difficult
for her to read regular print. In the process of using it for a few days so she
could show her mom how to use it, she became so fond of it, she decided to keep
it for herself and bought a second one for her mom. Now that she's home with
it, I'll let her have it back in a couple of days.

Seriously though, it reminds me a lot of my early experiences with my iMac in
that the things it does well, it does so well, that it makes its annoyances so
much more infuriating, especially since most of the limitations are just there
as limitations to keep you from using it for anything that B&N doesn't want you
to.

Photos on it look very good. Unfortunately, the "gallery" program is an
unrepentant piece of crap.  It shows all photos in one flat file, rather than
letting you sort out photos by category. If I do use it to show off my photos,
I'll have to start publishing them as pdfs or something.