On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 05:28:57PM -0400, Cory Waters wrote:
> The family and I went to the IndyCar race at Barber Motorsports Park
> in Birmingham, Alabama last weekend.  I was more about hanging with
> my unit than getting "the shot" but there are a few that I'm willing
> to share.
> Here is a shot from turn 1 during a restart:
>
> http://cwaters.smugmug.com/Sports/Indy-Gran-Prix-of-Alabama/IGP7734/1251034005_yhPSy-XL.jpg

Looks like there are some pretty good shots available from the hillside.

>From the TV coverage it looks like a nice facility - maybe I'll have
to come visit you one of these years :-)

This is the series I followed most closely when I was shooting track,
so I recognise many of the drivers.  I saw Will Powers' first win in
Las Vegas a few years ago (when he was driving for Derek Walker).