On 2011-04-13 19:44 , drd1...@gmail.com wrote:
I've been trying to do this myself with cheap readers with mixed success. I
guess I may need a pro.

i use 1.25 regular "readers" (which i even need for distance viewing), but i prefer 1.50 for my computer displays (which are more than an arm's length away) and especially for reading my iPhone

if your prescription seems compatible with reading glasses, but you have difficulty with off-the-shelf readers you may need to better match your pupil distance; i haven't needed to, but i got the idea from here:

<http://ask.metafilter.com/112020/Eye-glasses-online>

personally my favorite readers have come from icu, both retail and online (icueyewear.com)