On Apr 12, 2011, at 16:55 , David J Brooks wrote:

> Just a follow up to Bills, what was your first camera.
>
> My first photo edit program was Corel draw 5 i think it was. Just
> after my purchase of a Kodak DC25.
>
> Dave

I have been unable to pull the name of the software I used out of my old mind
for the output of the Kodak DC40 I won at a User Group Breakfast raffle
sponsored by EK.  I know I used Photoshop very early on. Got free copies when I
was working on Pagemaker 4.0 at Aldus in about 1992. That DC40 allowed me to
pay my mortgage for a few years putting images on eBay of the hundreds of
pieces of camera kit I "Bought - Sold - Traded" at the traveling camera "Swap
Meets" on the west coast.

But many other programs, all mentioned by the rest of you in your responses,
passed thru my hands and onto a crowded bookshelf filled with colored cardboard
slip cases, containing full color glossy manuals. You remember those good old
days, don't you? Now you get a CD or DVD with the software and a PDF of a black
and white manual. Personally, I prefer to have a book open when I'm thrashing
about with a new program. Don't like reading my manuals on the screen. But
getting ready to move from Jenner three years ago, I stood over a utility
trailer and disassembled several dozen of those old bricks for recycling. Threw
three Apple 20" Trinitron monitors on top. Kept the 17", but it's unused. Sad,
but needed. I still have too much crap.

But I digress, as I usually do. Sorry.

If it doesn’t excite you,
This thing that you see,