Godfrey DiGiorgi <gdigio...@gmail.com> writes:

> It's always been a question mark to me ... Why does a camera costing
> $1500+ need a "green mode"?

Well, if a non-technical everyday Joe is going to use a camera for
point-and-shoot snapshot photography, and rely totally on the camera to
do its job automatically, I'd say his best bet is a really expensive
camera with a really advanced "green mode".  The top-of-the-line DSLRs
are probably the best point-and-shoot cameras on the market today.

So, even if most people buy cheap ones, putting the smarts in there in
the top models helps target them successfully at wealthy snapshotters.

-tih
--
I don't believe that souls or bodies can be changed by incantation.
                                            --Christopher Hitchens