Except that's the sales pitch, in pretty much any advert. that I can remember anyway.

On 4/19/2011 8:33 PM, Stan Halpin wrote:
On Apr 19, 2011, at 7:50 PM, David J Brooks wrote:
There are a lot of people at the horse shows now, and i suppose other
sport events, that do not rely on me for photos anymore but have
bought them self's the latest Canon and Nikon Dslr's.
They put them in auto mode and shoot away.
They eventually come up and ask me why my pictures are clear and in
focus and theirs are not.
They had no idea they could change settings. Either the sales person
neglected, or they just did not RTFM.

I suspect the later.

Dave
Buying an expensive sophisticated camera and expecting that the owner will
suddenly become a good photographer is kinda like buying a Cadillac Escalade
for your teenager and expecting it will make them a good driver. Hope springs
eternal.

stan

--
Where's the Kaboom?  There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering Kaboom!

        --Marvin the Martian.