On 11-04-25 3:12 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
On 11-04-24 11:35 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
On 25 April 2011 13:22, Tim Bray<tb...@textuality.com>  wrote:
Alpa: http://www.alpa.ch/en/
Or if you would like a nice little digital camera which makes the 645D
look like a lomo
http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/internet/de/application/d438/d925/f934.cfm

The Alpa is a curiosity (I'm just not into film), but that Seitz 6x17 is really impressive. I can see some of those specs migrating downward into prosumer stuff in a decade.

I just can't imagine what I'd do with 307 MB .dng files now though. My iMac with 4 Gig RAM struggles and swaps enough with LR, PS and K20 files as it is. I'd have to overhaul my entire workflow to deal with that kind of camera.

But whoa: 48 bit RGB, 11 stops of dynamic range. So nice!

My mistake, the Alpas can take digital backs. But still, not like the Seitz.

-bmw