On 4/26/2011 00:06, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
Next weekend when I shoot a conference in the Chicago area.
http://godfaithculture.com
I'm taking the DSLR and shooting everything in raw.
Will probably use 2 lenses: A35/2 and A70-210/4.
Maybe the FA50/1.4 depending on room size.
Flash is a Sunpak 611.  Plenty of light,
with a little Westcott thingie on it for softness.

But I'm also going to shoot b&w film.  And this forces a choice.
(That's the question.)
I'd like to use just 1 lens on the b&w body.
The body will be either the SP1000 or the KX.  With a small flash.
(there should be one laying around here somewhere)
I'm thinking ... just 50mm on the film?  Or maybe the 21mm?
DOF is tempting, but so is 50mm sharpness.
And so is carrying less gear.  The KX is such a tank!

Lens options are: FA50/1.4, A35/2, 21/3.5 m42.

Sincerely,

Collin, I suggest taking KX and using A35/2 for moderate fast lens. It is also faster than the 21 lens. Also you would be able to swap lenses between your DSLR and the KX if necessary. So my suggestion is FA 50, A 35 and A 70-210 and ... a body cap if you would have to e.g. put your A 35/2 on your DSLR whereas you would have to cover your KX mount with something.

In fact, it seems to me that with 70-210 on your DSLR and 35 mm on your KX you may be covered nicely. FA 50/1.4 may be useful for backup and/or really low light situations if you would not be able to use flash for any reason.

Boris