On 4/15/2011 16:21, AlunFoto wrote:
Gang,
Once again I have been infused by a mischievous spirit inspiring me to
index my images with keywords. I use a controlled vocabulary built and
maintained by Norwegian nature photographer Ole Jørgen Liodden, and it
works pretty well for my shots too. But all such systems have their
flaws, and I would like to learn from other's experience with
controlled vocabularies. Self-made or bought. How do you maintain
them?

Jostein

Interesting question, sir. I tend to be more than extremely careful about my keywords. I regularly look at "Keyword List" of my LR and mop things up so that I don't have too many keywords. The organization is by:
* Place (Norway :-), Israel, etc)
* People (Family, Friends, PDML visits and PDML visitors, etc)
* Event (Concert where I shot, etc)
* Project (Galia's school, Books that Galia and I made, etc)
* Submitted-to (PUG, PPG, PESO, etc)

I don't care too much about "classical" vocabularies, but I do care about the convenience of that of mine. Seems to work most of the time this far.

Boris