On 11-05-03 7:47 PM, Timber wrote:
Does anyone have experience powering the K-r from a set of AA batteries
via the adaptor?

I've terrible results with this setup and I would like to know if it's a
user error or it's common. I use 2000mAh NiMH Duracell batteries and
I've got them yesterday fully charged in the camera, and after I took
about 70-80 pictures today they've got depleted... But it sounds quite
awful that overnight in the camera + not even 100 pictures is what I can
get from a set of 2000mAH batteries... Or shall I try Lithium ones?

Does anyone has the same experience or is it only me?

Regards,
.t

The short answer is that Pentax digital bodies seems to be especially sensitive to cell voltage and will indicate "low-bat" way before the cells are actually depleted. Power-cycling the camera will get you more time, I've found. It could just be that the battery-level detection circuit design is fubar.

But you can get batteries that exhibit less voltage droop before losing most of their charge. Try the newer 2450 mAH Energizers. Also try the ... and here I will reduce my voice to an almost inaudible whisper ... Sanyo Eneloops. Many here, including me, swear by them, though never out loud.

I have no experience of the lithium rechargeables, but I'd love to hear reports.

-bmw