> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> Brian Walters
[...]
> > http://www.web-options.com/Tidza/
> >

> A very enjoyable gallery - certainly not the sort of landscape and
> village life that I'm likely to see here.  I hope our ABC picks up the
> BBC's Village SOS programme - should be interesting.
>
> How extensive is that flat landscape of Kinder Scout? - not sure I'd
> want to get lost there.

Definitely not a place to get lost. I was at school not so far from there
and we regularly heard reports of people being found dead on the top. Some
people go up there completely unprepared and get lost and caught in the
changeable weather and that's the end of them.

It's 700 hectares (whatever they are - I think that's about 1700 acres) of
blanket bog and upland heath rising to 636m, which is approximately where we
sat for our brew up. A very wild and interesting place to walk, but you have
to know what you're doing.

> I particularly enjoyed 4, 6, 9, 13 and 15 - and those wood carvings on
> the church pews.

Thanks. In fact, they are the choir stalls rather than the pews. Not that it
makes much difference.